background





April 18, 2010

Okay, I am ready! I think!!!

I took a long shower today, blow dried my hair nicely, painted my nails with a very pretty pink nail polish...

I feel like I can't do anything more to prepare.  I mean, how do you prepare more when you don't even know what is going to happen? Or when it's going to happen, I should say.

With Jonathan, I had a scheduled C-Section.  It fell on a Friday and we were all completely ready for him to arrive.  Everything was planned, scheduled and things just had to flow the way we wanted them to. And they kinda of did. I mean, surgery was ok, recuperation, not so good.  But that's another story.

Now, I want it all to be different. 
I am on my 37th week and there is nothing I want more than to have this baby choose her birthday and for me to deliver her in the most natural way possible. 
I know I had a C-Section and plenty of you out there think it may be to risky to even try it.  But I have informed myself very well on this topic and if everything goes well, it could happen very easily.
The risks are really not that high and I wont even go into what I think about Doctors and Hospitals regarding this.
So yes, I want to have a VBAC - Vaginal Birth After C-Section.
I am getting a Doula to help me during labor and delivery and I just know, that was probably the best decision I have made in a while.

I am extremly anxious because I feel like she may come anyday now!
My Braxton Hicks get stronger and stronger.  I feel her so low and some of her kicks are very painful.
Her head is down and my body is getting ready! I know it!

BESIDES THE FACT THAT A WEEK AGO, LAST MONDAY, DR. F TOLD ME I WAS 2 CENTIMETERS DILATED AND 50% EFFACED!!!!
THAT IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE FOR ME!  I HAVE REPEATED THIS TO MYSELF SOOOO MANY TIMES! LOL

This past week I have walked a little, I have been drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea, Taking Evening Primrose Oil Pills (and inserting one here and there), bouncing on the Yoga Ball and even a little extra curricular activity w my baby's daddy.  (which I have to say, was very ackward and funny - but hey! whatever helps!)

My next appointment is TOMORROW and I do not think I have been this anxious in a while!
I can't wait till she checks me and tells me what has happened this week!
Could I be more? Has my body progressed? Are we getting closer and closer????
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going crazy!
I want to know!
But I want to hear good news of course!!!

My mom is packing her bags already and that makes me feel so happy bc I know she is getting ready too!
Jodi's mom and dad close on their new home on Wednesday, and after that, they will be here as soon as we call them (Well, 6 hrs after or so, since they have a long drive).
Christian and Lisa are ready for our phone call so they can help with Jojo, if we have to head to the hospital and no one has arrived yet...
My bags are packed.
Her little area in my closet and next to my side of the bed is ready - pack and play, changing station (which is a dresser with the changing pad on top, since we don't have much room for the real changing table in our room), my glider, her swing, diaper genie, etc etc....
Oh Gosh! This anticipation is driving me crazy now!
The thing is, I still have 20 days until my official due date!!!
20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so close but so far!!!!

I feel SO PREGNANT! and I look SO PREGNANT!
I feel pretty sometimes though, which is great! Because I am very very big right now and can hardly walk around.

I am soooo desperate to meet Julianna!
I guess I will try to update tomorrow after my Dr's Appt!

I know I have been neglecting this blog! I will try to get on here a little more often, even if it's just a small entry!

I feel like I am rambing and just going all over the place with this one, so I will finish it now! lol

Wish me luck tomorrow! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww what an awesome update hunny .... You are my bestest friend and I want nothing but the best for you regarding anything but ESPECIALLY juliannas birth.... You are doing everything you possibly can .... and I cannot wait to hear how awesome you are doing tomorrow at the doctor.... YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL .. dont you forget it ... when your feeling down or very pregnant this coming week... remember HOW EMPOWERING ITS GOING TO FEEL to conquer your dream of delivering naturally..... You are ready.... and when baby Julianna is 100% ready ... she will let you know in a way that is ALL powerful and all right with this world.. its how God intended it for us huh?? ... Cant wait ! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE PICS OF HER ! my heart is with you this week ! as i think s he will be arriving any day now !