background





May 27, 2009

I think I should ask the magic 8 ball....


Those of you who know me well, know that I am definitely a planner. A bit type A when it comes to scheduling everything and always updating my to do list.

I am not complaining, because I am happy about what is to come, but I can sincerely say, I am having a little bit of a hard time lately with the fact that there is SO MUCH in the air right now.
(more than anyone of you could even imagine. Sorry about being so ambiguous, but there's just so much going on in our lives that it would be hard to explain it all...)

I don't necessarily like waiting for answers. Well, who does anyways?

As of now, the only thing I know is that Jodi starts his new job on Monday. They are flying him to NC to start training. Yep! that is the only think I know right now! I don't even know when his return flight is! ugh!

I have so many things to figure out and without certain "somewhat" important details, it is very hard to come up with a plan.

Oh well...
Sooner or later all my ?'s will be answered....
For now, I will just have to resort to asking my magic 8 ball....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


OH!
By the way, I discovered I have a new talent!

Check out my new creation:











I have no idea what got into me.
I am calling it THERAPY! haha!

I started thinking about making bubu's bday cake @ home and next thing you know, I was sitting on the computer, watching tons of youtube videos on how to make homemade fondant, how to put frosty on the cake, how to make amazing fondant figurines, how to put the fondant on, etc, etc....

I ran to get the cake mix and fondant ingredients and started my creation.
Then I realized the morning after that the cake needed some sort of frosty layer on top, before putting the fondant on - AND - I still needed a bunch of other items to be able to continue my project - like, a rolling pin! Hello!
Yes, I am THAT naive when it comes to the kitchen - and I certainly DO NOT own any of these Martha Stewart friendly "tools"...

So anyways, I borrowed a little food coloring from my neighbor, bought the absolutely necessary things and continued with my little cake and next thing you know, the cutest white and blue cake, made by ME! was right in front of my eyes! I have to say, I was impressed! ;-)

Aaaaaaaaaand, I even posted pictures on my facebook and got all sorts of compliments on it!

So yea! that was good therapy! :-)

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I will pray for you that everything works out for the best. I can't believe how good the cake came out on your first try :)

~Becky said...

Hahaha, you are seriously WAY too cute for your own good. I just love you! And to be in the midst of the unknowns...just take one hour at a time. Really...try HARD not to think too far ahead or that's when the heart rate picks up and the breathing gets shallow...we need you around still mommacita, so BREATHE! You are an amazing woman and I have NO doubt can do absolutely ANYTHING...just LOOK at that cake on the FIRST try! I've never worked with fondant, in fact it slightly intimidates me, and you just tackled that thing like a pro! Time to start a home business! Oh, sorry, more planning, forget I said that. LOVE YOU!! xoxo